Sunday, September 6, 2009

Duffle Jackets

For some people, the film Boondock Saints was a cult classic. For others, it was just stupid. Personally, I thought it was both. I'd heard rumours that a sequel was in the pipeline, but the first one came out over 10 years ago so as time has ticked by I've always been a little skeptical.

However, I always knew there was a chance that Troy Duffy (creator/writer) would get it done through sheer force of will, mainly because he got so f*&ked over financially on the first go round. He never made a cent (and continues to not make a cent) on any DVD sales, which is a travesty given that this movie, much like Office Space, was critically panned and commercially ignored until it hit the stores and got snapped up in surprising numbers.

I'll watch anything with Billy Connolly in it, I was raised on that dude's stand up routines.


No comments: