Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let's Catch Up, Shall We?

So I'm back from my month-long trip, I took in Thailand, Vietnam and Hawaii (not to mention a 2 day stopover in Sydney were I got the worse case of ass fire I've every had in my life). It was nice to get away for a minute, I haven't had the chance to travel for leisure since late '07 so I took advantage of the sleep-ins and buffet breakfasts.

Now, things is changing. The new J Wess single Do Anything For you featuring myself and Jerson Trinidad will be in stores early July so the clip will be out pretty soon. The track should hit radio some time in June. Personally, this means I've gotta get my shit together and start taking online promotion seriously (or at least find someone competent to do so), and get my head around taking it to the stage on the road.

I'm also shifting gears slowly from collaborator on J's album to main dude on my own album. As we're putting our stuff out through J's own label this time (Rendition Entertainment), I can talk with a lot more confidence about putting out my album. When I was negotiating with a certain major label back in '06, I never really felt comfortable telling folks I was coming out because I just straight up didn't know if or when.

Anyway, it's good to be back and it's good to have my musical future at least a little clearer than it has been previously.

No comments: