Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Castro Not Surprising Anyone With Views on Taekwondo Incident


This photo is pretty great. It sums up the Olympic experience for me, from the network television 'coverage' point of view. I'm the hapless referee, just hoping to see the event that I tuned in to see, and Channel 7 Australia is the surly Cuban martial artist who obviously doesn't have a sports psychologist on staff. One minute I'm tuning in to watch the anticipated Mens basketball quarter final between USA and Australia, and then BANG! Channel 7 kick me in the head with about 14 hours of pure, uncut, excruciating women's softball.

It's gonna be a sad, sad day when El Comandante finally kicks the oxygen habit, because no one else is gonna come out with shit like this.

"Cuba has never bought an athlete or judge," Castro wrote, adding that Cubans need to begin preparing now for London in 2012. "There will be European chauvinism, judge corruption, buying of brawn and brains ... and a strong dose of racism," he predicted."

I hope he's giving baby bro Raul a few master classes in paranoia, so that the transition isn't too harsh.

No comments: