Sunday, August 24, 2008

WHY THE WORLD NEEDS RAPPERS

"The only rapper who wants to fist fight the president"
- Ice Cube It Takes A Nation off the new album Raw Footage

The above quote pretty much sums it up. I've been bumping Raw Footage all weekend. You're not gonna hear Miley Cyrus distancing herself from the other Pop Tarts by saying, "I'm the only one who wants to whup George Dubya's ass." I've got no evidence to back it up, but I'm pretty sure Billy Ray's a republican.

But I digress. The world needs rappers because the FBI was so shook by Fuck Tha Police that they sent a cease and desist letter to NWA and their record label (apparently the letter is now on display in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio, which isn't really that cool - shouldn't it be engraved on a plaque on Crenshaw or something?).

The world needs rappers because of Lil' Wayne's magnificently liberated nonsensical flow, and because of L The Head Toucha's lyric "I can't cry but it feels like heaven when it rains."

There's a bunch of other reasons that I can't think of right now, but I'll keep posting them (and expanding on the above mentioned ones) as they come to mind.

This is freedom, motherfuckers.

No comments: