Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reason #13 Why TWNR

You'll probably see me post a lot more video clips leading up to the debut of the new J Wess clip for 'Do Anything For You' Feat. me and Jerson Trinidad (Video Hits June 6), not that my self-promotin' ass needs a reason to post this classic joint right here.

I remember the first time I heard The Geto Boys, I was about 13 and they kinda scared me - and this was after I'd heard NWA.

Comprised of Scarface, a psycho who tried to top himself and ended up in a loony bin by age 16, Bushwick Bill, a violent midget, and Willie D who is simply known as 'The Gangsta of Love,' these Houston rap pioneers were definitely working an angle no one had used before. I mean shit, one of the tracks from the 'We Can't Be Stopped' album (my favourite Geto Boys LP) involves Bushwick rapping from the perspective of Chuckie from Child's Play.

No comments: