Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Looks Like We're All Dead Meat...

I have steadily been preparing myself mentally for the Apocalypse ever since the financial fuckery started to make itself explicit, but now that I'm seeing stuff like this emerge, it's full-scale ahead with the camouflage and rations.

So the U.S. Army is getting ready to throw it down on a global scale to secure and protect resources. How brilliantly Mad Max (hence the title of the post - did you catch that???). Man, I can't believe how much things have changed since the Clinton administration. Maybe it's because I was about to embark on my teen years when Slick Willy assumed power, and thus during the tenure of his two terms I grew through my teens and up to my twenties (enjoying all the attendant rampant solopsism and reveling), but it just seems like planet earth was way more fun before we realised we'd been choking it for the last couple of hundred years. It's pretty appropriate that we're all facing up to this sobering truth during the Dubya Bush administration, one of the least 'party time' administrations in recent memory.

No comments: